DALLAS (AP) — The family of a Texas teen who hanged himself says their son was involved in a ghoulish online game that calls on participants to complete a series of tasks before taking their own lives.
Some schools are so concerned that they are warning parents about the so-called Blue Whale Challenge.
Jorge Gonzalez told San Antonio television station WOAI that he wanted to caution others about the game. His son, Isaiah, was found hanging in his bedroom closet Saturday. His cellphone was propped up on a shoe to record his death.
A report on the boy’s death from the San Antonio Police Department does not mention the challenge. But Gonzalez’ family said they pieced together from his social media and communication with friends that he had participated in the game.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018