BERLIN (AP) — Police said a man who showed up with a firearm at a high school in southwestern Germany on Monday was still on the loose because they initially arrested the wrong man.
Police tweeted that the man they arrested was let go again and that the suspect had probably fled on a motor bike.
Police spokesman Bjoern Reusch said the suspect didn’t use his weapon and nobody was hurt when he briefly showed up inside the school building in Esslingen, near Stuttgart.
The Friedrich Ebert School was under a security lockdown Monday and all students had to stay inside their classrooms while officers searched the building.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Joe Manchin's machinations reach a crescendo as he distances himself from his party while cutting deals on its agenda — all in public view
- In Idaho, 49th in U.S. COVID vaccination, one county stands out as success story
- Japan's Princess Mako marries commoner, loses royal status
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A hiker got lost, then ignored rescuers' calls because they came from an unknown number
Police described the suspect on Twitter as wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans and reading glasses..