BERLIN (AP) — Police said a man who showed up with a firearm at a high school in southwestern Germany on Monday was still on the loose because they initially arrested the wrong man.
Police tweeted that the man they arrested was let go again and that the suspect had probably fled on a motor bike.
Police spokesman Bjoern Reusch said the suspect didn’t use his weapon and nobody was hurt when he briefly showed up inside the school building in Esslingen, near Stuttgart.
The Friedrich Ebert School was under a security lockdown Monday and all students had to stay inside their classrooms while officers searched the building.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
- Cleveland Browns waive Kasen Williams, could a return to Seahawks be in the offing?
Police described the suspect on Twitter as wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans and reading glasses..