BALL GROUND, Ga. (AP) — A 74-year-old Georgia woman is accused of killing her 76-year-old husband who she said had fallen and hit his head.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports Betty Sue Parton was arrested Tuesday on charges including murder and elder abuse. Cherokee County Sheriff’s spokesman Lt. Jay Baker says an unknown object was used in the April slaying of David Parton.
Baker says deputies responded to a call of a person down and found the husband dead. He says Parton had injuries consistent with a fall. However, he says the county medical examiner told deputies in July that the death was suspicious. Parton’s cause of death is now classified as a homicide caused by blunt force trauma.
His wife being held without bond at the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Embracing a new reality: Coronavirus may never go away, even with a vaccine
- Will you go back to the gym when coronavirus shutdown ends? Here's what you need to consider
- When can I see my grandkids? Here's some advice.
- Why you need to continue to social distance even as your community opens up
- National Guard called to respond to Minneapolis violence VIEW
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com