BALL GROUND, Ga. (AP) — A 74-year-old Georgia woman is accused of killing her 76-year-old husband who she said had fallen and hit his head.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports Betty Sue Parton was arrested Tuesday on charges including murder and elder abuse. Cherokee County Sheriff’s spokesman Lt. Jay Baker says an unknown object was used in the April slaying of David Parton.
Baker says deputies responded to a call of a person down and found the husband dead. He says Parton had injuries consistent with a fall. However, he says the county medical examiner told deputies in July that the death was suspicious. Parton’s cause of death is now classified as a homicide caused by blunt force trauma.
His wife being held without bond at the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com