BALL GROUND, Ga. (AP) — A 74-year-old Georgia woman is accused of killing her 76-year-old husband who she said had fallen and hit his head.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports Betty Sue Parton was arrested Tuesday on charges including murder and elder abuse. Cherokee County Sheriff’s spokesman Lt. Jay Baker says an unknown object was used in the April slaying of David Parton.
Baker says deputies responded to a call of a person down and found the husband dead. He says Parton had injuries consistent with a fall. However, he says the county medical examiner told deputies in July that the death was suspicious. Parton’s cause of death is now classified as a homicide caused by blunt force trauma.
His wife being held without bond at the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- California reparations amount, if any, left to politicians
- ‘We’re going away’: A state’s choice to forgo Medicaid funds is killing hospitals VIEW
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com