SNELLVILLE, Ga. (AP) — A teenager who was shot during an argument at a basketball court near Atlanta has died.
Gwinnett County police said in a release that a male produced a gun during the Wednesday night fight and shot another male. News outlets report the victim was a teenager.
The victim had been taken to a hospital by the time officers responded, and the suspect had fled the scene. The victim later died at the hospital.
The names of the victim and suspect have not been released. Further details were not available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fired police sergeant attacks Thai day care center, kills 36
- Rare drone footage shows orcas mauling great white sharks
- In retreat at the front, Russia strikes deep into Ukraine
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Police: 2 dead, 6 injured in stabbings along Las Vegas Strip