SNELLVILLE, Ga. (AP) — A teenager who was shot during an argument at a basketball court near Atlanta has died.
Gwinnett County police said in a release that a male produced a gun during the Wednesday night fight and shot another male. News outlets report the victim was a teenager.
The victim had been taken to a hospital by the time officers responded, and the suspect had fled the scene. The victim later died at the hospital.
The names of the victim and suspect have not been released. Further details were not available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target