SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a convicted child molester has been arrested in Georgia for failing to update his address.
The Savannah Morning News reports that 41-year-old Bobby Lavon Buckner was charged Wednesday with failing to comply with sex offender requirements. Chatham County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Emily Skolrood says Buckner was living with his girlfriend and her children without proper notification of an address change.
Buckner pleaded guilty in 1996 to child molestation and statutory rape. He served 12 years in prison on a 20-year sentence before being released in 2016. He also was indicted in a case involving the 2013 kidnapping of a child. The newspaper reports that case was dismissed when prosecutors failed to bring him to trial in a timely manner.
The newspaper didn’t report whether Buckner has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- California reparations amount, if any, left to politicians
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘We’re going away’: A state’s choice to forgo Medicaid funds is killing hospitals VIEW
Information from: Savannah Morning News, http://www.savannahnow.com