CANTON, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a Georgia police officer faces charges stemming from a domestic dispute.
Local news outlets report that Roswell police Sgt. Chad Harris was arrested Thursday and faces charges of simple battery, battery and third degree cruelty to children.
The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that deputies responded to a domestic dispute call and arrested Harris following an initial investigation. He was being held without bond and it wasn’t immediately clear Friday whether he had an attorney.
Roswell police Chief Rusty Grant said in statement that Harris was placed on administrative leave with pay while the department investigates the circumstances surrounding the arrest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They shunned COVID-19 vaccines but embraced antibody treatment
- A throng of internet sleuths are on the Gabby Petito case. Why has it sparked so much interest?
- Senate GOP says it will allow debt default; Democrats rush to avert economic crisis | Analysis
- A Kansas boy entered a unique insect at the state fair. It triggered a federal investigation
- A TV meteorologist of 33 years declined the vaccine, citing personal freedoms. He was fired