CANTON, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a Georgia police officer faces charges stemming from a domestic dispute.
Local news outlets report that Roswell police Sgt. Chad Harris was arrested Thursday and faces charges of simple battery, battery and third degree cruelty to children.
The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that deputies responded to a domestic dispute call and arrested Harris following an initial investigation. He was being held without bond and it wasn’t immediately clear Friday whether he had an attorney.
Roswell police Chief Rusty Grant said in statement that Harris was placed on administrative leave with pay while the department investigates the circumstances surrounding the arrest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Coast Guard: Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard VIEW
- Still have to drive? How to disinfect your car to cut coronavirus risk
- Iran or its proxies planning 'sneak attack,' Trump says, warning of 'heavy price'
- A Mount Vernon choir went ahead with rehearsal. Now dozens have coronavirus and 2 are dead.
- Which DIY mask pattern should you use? Even experts can't pick one to recommend.