CANTON, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a Georgia police officer faces charges stemming from a domestic dispute.
Local news outlets report that Roswell police Sgt. Chad Harris was arrested Thursday and faces charges of simple battery, battery and third degree cruelty to children.
The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that deputies responded to a domestic dispute call and arrested Harris following an initial investigation. He was being held without bond and it wasn’t immediately clear Friday whether he had an attorney.
Roswell police Chief Rusty Grant said in statement that Harris was placed on administrative leave with pay while the department investigates the circumstances surrounding the arrest.
Most Read Stories
- Special sunglasses, license-plate dresses: How to be anonymous in the age of surveillance WATCH
- The DEA seized her father's life savings at an airport without alleging any crime occurred, lawsuit says
- Move it or lose it, King County tells Lake Sammamish homeowners over structures in trail corridor
- Snohomish County elementary school teacher found dead from hypothermia
- Downtown Seattle Barnes & Noble store to close Saturday