CUMMING, Ga. (AP) — Authorities in Georgia say one person was killed and two others injured when a single-engine plane crashed northeast of Atlanta.
Forsyth County Fire Department spokesman Cpl. Doug Rainwater says the plane went down Saturday afternoon.
Rainwater tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution one person was killed by the impact and the other two occupants of the plane were brought to an area hospital.
Rainwater said “we can speculate” that the plane was trying to make an emergency landing on a road and collided with the rear of a vehicle. He says no one in the vehicle was hurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Rainwater declined to give the make and model of the plane, saying next of kin had not yet been notified.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com