CUMMING, Ga. (AP) — Authorities in Georgia say one person was killed and two others injured when a single-engine plane crashed northeast of Atlanta.
Forsyth County Fire Department spokesman Cpl. Doug Rainwater says the plane went down Saturday afternoon.
Rainwater tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution one person was killed by the impact and the other two occupants of the plane were brought to an area hospital.
Rainwater said “we can speculate” that the plane was trying to make an emergency landing on a road and collided with the rear of a vehicle. He says no one in the vehicle was hurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- House condemns Trump 'racist' tweets in extraordinary rebuke VIEW
- Diver stumbles upon a giant jellyfish as big as she is: Watch the video
- Prosecutors want Mexican megachurch leader held without bail VIEW
- Yosemite to restore names to historic attractions under $12 million settlement
- John Paul Stevens, longtime leader of Supreme Court's liberal wing, dies at 99
Rainwater declined to give the make and model of the plane, saying next of kin had not yet been notified.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com