CUMMING, Ga. (AP) — Authorities in Georgia say one person was killed and two others injured when a single-engine plane crashed northeast of Atlanta.
Forsyth County Fire Department spokesman Cpl. Doug Rainwater says the plane went down Saturday afternoon.
Rainwater tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution one person was killed by the impact and the other two occupants of the plane were brought to an area hospital.
Rainwater said “we can speculate” that the plane was trying to make an emergency landing on a road and collided with the rear of a vehicle. He says no one in the vehicle was hurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Democrats reject, conservatives deride Trump's 'non-starter' of a border wall deal
- Students in 'MAGA' hats mock Native American after rally VIEW
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- As Democrats vow to investigate Trump, Mueller's office issues rare statement rebuking Cohen report
Rainwater declined to give the make and model of the plane, saying next of kin had not yet been notified.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com