CUMMING, Ga. (AP) — Authorities in Georgia say one person was killed and two others injured when a single-engine plane crashed northeast of Atlanta.
Forsyth County Fire Department spokesman Cpl. Doug Rainwater says the plane went down Saturday afternoon.
Rainwater tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution one person was killed by the impact and the other two occupants of the plane were brought to an area hospital.
Rainwater said “we can speculate” that the plane was trying to make an emergency landing on a road and collided with the rear of a vehicle. He says no one in the vehicle was hurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A wolflike creature was stalking livestock in Montana. Authorities have no idea what it is.
- Man arrested after driver rams into 3 on Oregon sidewalk VIEW
- Sheriff: High school athletes tried to rape teen with mop
- Inside a semitruck in Nebraska, troopers found enough fentanyl to kill 26 million people
- Border Patrol agent kills woman who crossed border illegally in Texas, authorities say
Rainwater declined to give the make and model of the plane, saying next of kin had not yet been notified.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com