CUMMING, Ga. (AP) — Authorities in Georgia say one person was killed and two others injured when a single-engine plane crashed northeast of Atlanta.
Forsyth County Fire Department spokesman Cpl. Doug Rainwater says the plane went down Saturday afternoon.
Rainwater tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution one person was killed by the impact and the other two occupants of the plane were brought to an area hospital.
Rainwater said “we can speculate” that the plane was trying to make an emergency landing on a road and collided with the rear of a vehicle. He says no one in the vehicle was hurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
Rainwater declined to give the make and model of the plane, saying next of kin had not yet been notified.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com