SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum has a new curator of fine arts.
The Santa Fe-based museum announced the hiring of Ariel Plotek on Tuesday.?He served most recently as curator of modern and contemporary art at the San Diego Museum of Art, where he was responsible for numerous exhibitions and an expansive collection.
Plotek also has held a variety of museum and teaching positions at institutions that include the University of San Diego, Clemson University, New York University, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
Plotek is the third curator hired by the O’Keeffe Museum this year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell with 'DEATH WISH' post
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Hackers release data after LA school district refuses to pay ransom
- Russia withdraws troops after Ukraine encircles key city
With curators for digital experiences and interpretation, the recent hires are part of an initiative to weave more of O’Keeffe’s life story into programming, community engagement and technology.