LITHONIA, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a woman’s boyfriend shot and killed the father of her children during a custody exchange near Atlanta.
News outlets report DeKalb County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Cynthia Williams said 39-year-old Charvez Ryals turned himself in Tuesday in connection with the Saturday shooting death of 31-year-old Daniel Wise.
Wise’s friend Robbie Johnson told news outlets they had gone to pick up Wise’s children and gunfire erupted after they put the kids in the car. Johnson was shot in the back.
DeKalb police Lt. Lonzy Robertson says Wise’s 4-year-old son and 7-year-old daughter were present at the shooting, but were uninjured. Wise also has a 9-year-old son.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
Ryals is charged with felony murder and three counts of aggravated assault. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.