LITHONIA, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a woman’s boyfriend shot and killed the father of her children during a custody exchange near Atlanta.
News outlets report DeKalb County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Cynthia Williams said 39-year-old Charvez Ryals turned himself in Tuesday in connection with the Saturday shooting death of 31-year-old Daniel Wise.
Wise’s friend Robbie Johnson told news outlets they had gone to pick up Wise’s children and gunfire erupted after they put the kids in the car. Johnson was shot in the back.
DeKalb police Lt. Lonzy Robertson says Wise’s 4-year-old son and 7-year-old daughter were present at the shooting, but were uninjured. Wise also has a 9-year-old son.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI at site where Civil War gold rumored to be buried
- Bones discovered on Pacific island belong to Amelia Earhart, new forensic analysis shows VIEW
- As rumors of an exodus swirl, White House pushes back
- State: Voicemail about cracks 2 days before bridge fell VIEW
- French fraud body unveils huge Cotes-du-Rhone wine scam
Ryals is charged with felony murder and three counts of aggravated assault. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.