LITHONIA, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a woman’s boyfriend shot and killed the father of her children during a custody exchange near Atlanta.
News outlets report DeKalb County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Cynthia Williams said 39-year-old Charvez Ryals turned himself in Tuesday in connection with the Saturday shooting death of 31-year-old Daniel Wise.
Wise’s friend Robbie Johnson told news outlets they had gone to pick up Wise’s children and gunfire erupted after they put the kids in the car. Johnson was shot in the back.
DeKalb police Lt. Lonzy Robertson says Wise’s 4-year-old son and 7-year-old daughter were present at the shooting, but were uninjured. Wise also has a 9-year-old son.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump grounds Pelosi after she imperils his big speech WATCH
- Before Harts plunged off cliff, strain dogged Washington state family
- Democrats demand investigation after report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress
- Commuter knits a ‘rail delay scarf.’ It fetches $8,650 on eBay.
- As Democrats vow to investigate Trump, Mueller's office issues rare statement rebuking Cohen report
Ryals is charged with felony murder and three counts of aggravated assault. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.