DALLAS (AP) — Former President George W. Bush and former first lady Laura Bush have decided they’ll be buried at his presidential library in Dallas instead of the Texas State Cemetery in Austin.
The Austin-American Statesman reports the plan now is for the couple to be buried on the grounds of the George W. Bush Presidential Center, located on the Southern Methodist University campus.
Bush spokesman Freddy Ford says the former president decided to make the change after attending the burial in April of his mother, Barbara Bush, at the presidential library of her husband and his father, former President George H.W. Bush.
Ford says George W. Bush felt his mother’s burial “added a nice permanence” to the library in College Station.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
Information from: Austin American-Statesman, http://www.statesman.com