KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine (AP) — Former President George H. W. Bush has made his first public appearance since he was released from a Houston hospital last month.
The 92-year-old Bush was treated for pneumonia and chronic bronchitis during a two-week stay at the hospital in April. He left April 28.
The former president and former first lady Barbara Bush attended the re-dedication of the Mathew J. Lanigan Bridge over the Kennebunk River in Maine on Friday. The Bushes make their summer home in Kennebunkport.
The bridge was first built in 1933 and takes drivers and pedestrians from Kennebunk to Kennebunkport. The event included Girl Scouts, musicians and antique vehicles from 1933, as well as a double ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
- Bicyclist dies in hit-and-run crash in Sodo, police say