KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine (AP) — Former President George H. W. Bush has made his first public appearance since he was released from a Houston hospital last month.
The 92-year-old Bush was treated for pneumonia and chronic bronchitis during a two-week stay at the hospital in April. He left April 28.
The former president and former first lady Barbara Bush attended the re-dedication of the Mathew J. Lanigan Bridge over the Kennebunk River in Maine on Friday. The Bushes make their summer home in Kennebunkport.
The bridge was first built in 1933 and takes drivers and pedestrians from Kennebunk to Kennebunkport. The event included Girl Scouts, musicians and antique vehicles from 1933, as well as a double ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy
- One woman dominated a local fair's food contest. The internet went looking for her
- Men rush to get vasectomies after Roe ruling
- Cruz takes a shot at Elmo the muppet over getting a COVID vaccine
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events