KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine (AP) — Former President George H. W. Bush has made his first public appearance since he was released from a Houston hospital last month.
The 92-year-old Bush was treated for pneumonia and chronic bronchitis during a two-week stay at the hospital in April. He left April 28.
The former president and former first lady Barbara Bush attended the re-dedication of the Mathew J. Lanigan Bridge over the Kennebunk River in Maine on Friday. The Bushes make their summer home in Kennebunkport.
The bridge was first built in 1933 and takes drivers and pedestrians from Kennebunk to Kennebunkport. The event included Girl Scouts, musicians and antique vehicles from 1933, as well as a double ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sitting all day increases dementia risk — even if you exercise
- How to watch tonight's second Republican presidential debate
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Florida school district orders removal of all books with gay characters before slightly backing off
- Over 50 arrested after mobs ransacked Philadelphia stores. Dozens of liquor outlets are shut down