HOUSTON (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush is back in Texas after spending the summer in Maine.
Spokesman Jim McGrath said in a tweet Bush returned Friday to Houston.
The nation’s 41st president spends his summers at his family’s home in Kennebunkport, Maine.
McGrath said Bush is looking forward to supporting the Houston Astros, who are playing in the AL Championship Series, and eating some Tex-Mex food.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Japanese student goes to graduation dressed like Zelenskyy
- What we know about the Covenant school shooting in Nashville WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Police: Nashville shooter fired indiscriminately at victims WATCH
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
Bush went to Maine a little over a month after the funeral of his 92-year-old wife, former first lady Barbara Bush. She died April 17 at their Houston home.
While in Maine, Bush attended the wedding of his granddaughter Barbara and celebrated his 94th birthday.
Bush also spent more than a week in a Maine hospital for treatment of low blood pressure and fatigue.