HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities detected an early morning underground earth tremor in Alabama.
AL.COM reports that the tremor detected early Saturday morning was the third so far in Alabama this year.
It also was the strongest the state has experienced in 2018.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the magnitude 2.3 earthquake was detected in northwest Alabama at 6:42 a.m. on Saturday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
Eighteen small quakes were detected in 2017.
Information from: The Huntsville Times, http://www.al.com/huntsville