AMARILLO, Texas (AP) — GateHouse Media has named an executive editor to oversee the newsrooms at the Amarillo Globe-News and Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
Jill Nevels-Haun says she intends to implement more multimedia elements and increase videos and podcasts as part of a redesign of the papers’ websites in coming weeks.
Nevels-Haun most recently served as editor of The Monroe News in Michigan, which is also owned by GateHouse. She’s also worked at papers in Ohio and elsewhere.
GateHouse Media purchased the Globe-News and Avalanche-Journal last year from Morris Communications.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Each paper used to have its own editor and publisher but GateHouse will have a regional executive editor, now filled by Nevels-Haun, and a regional publisher overseeing both publications.
Nevels-Haun says the papers will be “watchdogs in our communities.”