AMARILLO, Texas (AP) — GateHouse Media has named an executive editor to oversee the newsrooms at the Amarillo Globe-News and Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
Jill Nevels-Haun says she intends to implement more multimedia elements and increase videos and podcasts as part of a redesign of the papers’ websites in coming weeks.
Nevels-Haun most recently served as editor of The Monroe News in Michigan, which is also owned by GateHouse. She’s also worked at papers in Ohio and elsewhere.
GateHouse Media purchased the Globe-News and Avalanche-Journal last year from Morris Communications.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Each paper used to have its own editor and publisher but GateHouse will have a regional executive editor, now filled by Nevels-Haun, and a regional publisher overseeing both publications.
Nevels-Haun says the papers will be “watchdogs in our communities.”