SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Country star Garth Brooks has set a late October date for his University of Notre Dame show that will be the first-ever music concert at the school’s football stadium.
Brooks’ publicist announced Monday that the concert would be held Oct. 20 at Notre Dame Stadium, rain or shine. Tickets go on sale Sept. 14 .
Brooks joined former Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz at a Nashville, Tennessee, news conference in July to announce the planned concert. Brooks said the concert date would be scheduled once the Irish finalized their season schedule, and said that he can’t wait to introduce his fans to Notre Dame.
Brooks, who is known for hits such as “Friends in Low Places,” wrapped up a major three-year tour last year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Biden hires strategist Symone Sanders, adds diversity to bid
- In push for 2020 election security, Homeland chief was warned: Don’t tell Trump
- North Korea issued $2 million bill for comatose Otto Warmbier's care
- Navy SEALs were warned against reporting their chief for war crimes