SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Country star Garth Brooks has set a late October date for his University of Notre Dame show that will be the first-ever music concert at the school’s football stadium.
Brooks’ publicist announced Monday that the concert would be held Oct. 20 at Notre Dame Stadium, rain or shine. Tickets go on sale Sept. 14 .
Brooks joined former Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz at a Nashville, Tennessee, news conference in July to announce the planned concert. Brooks said the concert date would be scheduled once the Irish finalized their season schedule, and said that he can’t wait to introduce his fans to Notre Dame.
Brooks, who is known for hits such as “Friends in Low Places,” wrapped up a major three-year tour last year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Notre-Dame came far closer to collapsing than anybody knew VIEW
- Man shouting 'You die!' kills 33 in Japan anime studio fire VIEW
- Here are the Republicans who broke with their party and other takeaways from the vote on Trump’s language
- House votes to kill Trump impeachment resolution
- Abigail Disney is taking her family's company to task over working conditions at Disneyland