SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Country star Garth Brooks has set a late October date for his University of Notre Dame show that will be the first-ever music concert at the school’s football stadium.
Brooks’ publicist announced Monday that the concert would be held Oct. 20 at Notre Dame Stadium, rain or shine. Tickets go on sale Sept. 14 .
Brooks joined former Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz at a Nashville, Tennessee, news conference in July to announce the planned concert. Brooks said the concert date would be scheduled once the Irish finalized their season schedule, and said that he can’t wait to introduce his fans to Notre Dame.
Brooks, who is known for hits such as “Friends in Low Places,” wrapped up a major three-year tour last year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen