ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Funerals have been held for nine of the 11 women killed when a private Turkish jet crashed in Iran while flying a bride-to-be and her friends back to Istanbul from a bachelorette party in the United Arab Emirates.
Mina Basaran, the 28-year-old daughter of the chairman of Turkey’s Basaran Investment Holding, was killed along with seven friends and three female crew members.
Most of the funerals held Thursday were in Istanbul. A tenth funeral was scheduled to take place Friday. The remains of a pilot have not yet been returned from Iran.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
The plane took off Sunday from Sharjah International Airport in the UAE and crashed in Iran’s Zagros Mountains a little over an hour into the flight.