ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Funerals have been held for nine of the 11 women killed when a private Turkish jet crashed in Iran while flying a bride-to-be and her friends back to Istanbul from a bachelorette party in the United Arab Emirates.
Mina Basaran, the 28-year-old daughter of the chairman of Turkey’s Basaran Investment Holding, was killed along with seven friends and three female crew members.
Most of the funerals held Thursday were in Istanbul. A tenth funeral was scheduled to take place Friday. The remains of a pilot have not yet been returned from Iran.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? You’ll need to prove you can pay costs
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
The plane took off Sunday from Sharjah International Airport in the UAE and crashed in Iran’s Zagros Mountains a little over an hour into the flight.