LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP) — Hundreds of mourners have gathered for the funeral of three family members killed in a New Year’s Eve shooting at a New Jersey home that also claimed the life of a family friend.
Monday’s funeral for Steven and Linda Kologi and their 18-year-old daughter, Brittany Kologi, was held at St. Jerome Roman Catholic Church in West Long Branch. It came two days after mourners had gathered there to remember the fourth victim, 70-year-old Mary Schulz.
Monmouth County prosecutors say the Kologis’ 16-year-old son shot the victims at close range with a semi-automatic rifle in their Long Branch home. But they haven’t disclosed a motive for the shooting.
Schulz was the longtime partner of Steven Kologi’s father, who was in the house but escaped unharmed with two other people.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen