ELLSTON, Iowa — A Minnesota man has snapped up a free farmhouse in southern Iowa after the offer was publicized, so he can move the home to his grandfather’s farm.
Roger and Linda Dolecheck offered their former family home free in a Craigslist ad so they could get it off their Ringgold County land. The family already built a new home seven years ago.
The Dolechecks said the home would be torn down this winter if they couldn’t find a taker.
But Jeff Dooley of Anoka, Minnesota, jumped at the chance to claim the farmhouse.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Updated COVID shots are coming. Will they be too late?
- 3 feet of rain sets up 4th round of flood misery for Sydney
Dooley told the Des Moines Register that the home will replace a run-down manufactured home on his family’s land. He hopes to one day retire there.
Information from: The Des Moines Register, http://www.desmoinesregister.com