MIAMI (AP) — A fraternity at a Florida International University has been suspended following the death of a female student who attended an off-campus party the fraternity hosted.
Media outlets report the Phi Gamma Delta held a formal event at the Bahia Mar hotel in Fort Lauderdale earlier this month. Kellie Fullilove, a 19-year old nursing student, was found dead in a room the next morning.
Fort Lauderdale police spokesman Keven Dupree says the death does not appear to be suspicious. Detectives are awaiting results of a toxicology report.
The fraternity was placed on suspension by the school and the organization’s national headquarters.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At Pentagon, fears grow that Trump will pull military into election unrest
- Trump expected to announce conservative Barrett for court VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘I feel sorry for Americans’: A baffled world watches the U.S. VIEW
- Snake lands on Mississippi woman as she opens her front door
The university released a statement saying the fraternity would not be allowed to meet or operate, pending an investigation.
A telephone message left with the national headquarters wasn’t immediately returned.