LOS ANGELES (AP) — Frances McDormand found herself getting bleeped in strange places during her Golden Globes acceptance speech.
McDormand won the award Sunday night for best actress in a drama film for her role in “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.”
She was bleeped as she thanked her studio, Fox Searchlight, and then again when she said the word “shift.”
She was speaking about how she keeps her politics private “but it was really great to be in this room tonight and to be part of the tectonic shift in our industry’s power structure.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- People dumped their pets into lakes, officials say. Now football-size goldfish are taking over.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Free money for all? Mayors hope local tests bring big change
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
However, there was no bleep to be found when she later used a slang term for excrement.
McDormand plays the mother seeking justice for her daughter, who was raped and killed, and takes on the small town police force.