LOS ANGELES (AP) — Frances McDormand found herself getting bleeped in strange places during her Golden Globes acceptance speech.
McDormand won the award Sunday night for best actress in a drama film for her role in “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.”
She was bleeped as she thanked her studio, Fox Searchlight, and then again when she said the word “shift.”
She was speaking about how she keeps her politics private “but it was really great to be in this room tonight and to be part of the tectonic shift in our industry’s power structure.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
However, there was no bleep to be found when she later used a slang term for excrement.
McDormand plays the mother seeking justice for her daughter, who was raped and killed, and takes on the small town police force.