LOS ANGELES (AP) — Frances McDormand found herself getting bleeped in strange places during her Golden Globes acceptance speech.
McDormand won the award Sunday night for best actress in a drama film for her role in “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.”
She was bleeped as she thanked her studio, Fox Searchlight, and then again when she said the word “shift.”
She was speaking about how she keeps her politics private “but it was really great to be in this room tonight and to be part of the tectonic shift in our industry’s power structure.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- HQ Trivia co-founder dies apparently of drug overdose, police say
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Perversion of Justice: Cops worked to put serial sex abuser in prison. Prosecutors worked to cut him a break VIEW
However, there was no bleep to be found when she later used a slang term for excrement.
McDormand plays the mother seeking justice for her daughter, who was raped and killed, and takes on the small town police force.