LOS ANGELES (AP) — Frances McDormand found herself getting bleeped in strange places during her Golden Globes acceptance speech.
McDormand won the award Sunday night for best actress in a drama film for her role in “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.”
She was bleeped as she thanked her studio, Fox Searchlight, and then again when she said the word “shift.”
She was speaking about how she keeps her politics private “but it was really great to be in this room tonight and to be part of the tectonic shift in our industry’s power structure.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
However, there was no bleep to be found when she later used a slang term for excrement.
McDormand plays the mother seeking justice for her daughter, who was raped and killed, and takes on the small town police force.