ABC moved quickly to land one of the three men who foiled a terror attack on a Paris-bound train last month for the 21st season cast of "Dancing With the Stars."
NEW YORK — ABC moved quickly to land one of the three men who foiled a terror attack on a Paris-bound train last month for the 21st season cast of “Dancing With the Stars.”
The network announced Wednesday that Alek Skarlatos, the Oregon Army National Guard specialist who helped stop a gunman on a train bound for Paris along with his friends Spencer Stone and Anthony Sadler, will be in the dancing competition that starts again Sept. 14 (8 p.m. EDT). Skarlatos, 22, is a Roseburg, Ore., native.
Chef Paula Deen, actor Gary Busey and Bindi Irwin, actress-daughter of the late wildlife TV star Steve Irwin, are among the other cast members.
The cast is rounded out by “Spy Kids” actress Alexa PenaVega and her actor-husband, Carlos; singer Andy Grammer; singer Chaka Khan; 15-year-old online star Hayes Grier; “Real Housewives of Atlanta” cast member Kim Zolciak Biermann; former Backstreet Boy Nick Carter; reality star Tamar Braxton; and Triple Crown-winning jockey Victor Espinoza.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Another, faster-spreading omicron subvariant dominates new COVID cases in U.S.
- Onlookers urged police to charge into Texas school
- Live updates | Slain child's father: Police were unprepared
- In Portland, ‘How to Murder Your Husband’ writer is convicted of husband's murder
- What we know about the Texas school gunman