LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Lethal Weapon” will have a new co-star when it returns to Fox for a third season.
Seann William Scott will replace Clayne Crawford in the action drama based on the movie franchise.
The 41-year-old Scott is best known for his role as Steve Stifler in the “American Pie” film series.
Warner Bros. Television decided not to renew Crawford’s contract. He posted a message of congratulations to the cast and crew on Instagram.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Staten Island man found a safe with cash in his backyard — then things got weird
- MH370 experts think they've finally solved the mystery of the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight
- Texas jury hits Omaha trucking company with $89.6M verdict
- 'Epic takedown': Bill Gates draws laughs at Trump's expense
- Trump welcomes wife home in tweet that misspells her name
Crawford’s Martin Riggs character will be written out, and Scott will play a new character with co-star Damon Wayans.