LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Lethal Weapon” will have a new co-star when it returns to Fox for a third season.
Seann William Scott will replace Clayne Crawford in the action drama based on the movie franchise.
The 41-year-old Scott is best known for his role as Steve Stifler in the “American Pie” film series.
Warner Bros. Television decided not to renew Crawford’s contract. He posted a message of congratulations to the cast and crew on Instagram.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Senate Republicans all but surrender to Trump on wall, despite shutdown's toll
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Kamala Harris opens presidential bid
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW
Crawford’s Martin Riggs character will be written out, and Scott will play a new character with co-star Damon Wayans.