NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News Channel and Sarah Palin are cutting ties again.
The network said Wednesday that it was not renewing Palin’s contract as a contributor. The professional divorce, first reported in Politico, was described as amicable.
The 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate had joined Fox to great fanfare in 2010 and left three years later after some unpleasantness. Fox News chief Roger Ailes was reportedly angry that Palin had chosen another media outlet to announce she wasn’t running for president in 2012.
But only a few months after she left Fox, she rejoined the network as a contributor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune
- A mysterious, devastating brain disorder afflicts dozens in one Canadian province
- One of the world’s longest-running experiments sends up sprouts
- What is happening in Jerusalem and Gaza?
- Colonial Pipeline paid hackers nearly $5 million in ransom
Palin has other ways of connecting to her fans. Last summer, she started her own subscription-based online network, “The Sarah Palin Channel.”
This story has been corrected to show that Palin’s first name is spelled Sarah, not Sara.