MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — Fox News Channel is kicking off its midterm election series with a debate in the West Virginia Republican Senate primary race.
The network said in a news release that candidates who reach a threshold of 10 percent in a Fox News poll being released this week will be invited to the May 1 debate.
Co-moderators for the debate in Morgantown will be chief political anchor Bret Baier and anchor Martha MacCallum.
The network will also host with the Florida GOP a Republican primary debate in Florida’s governor’s race on June 28.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI conducted search at his Mar-a-Lago estate
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
Fox News will feature 30-minute editions of “Special Report” with Baier ahead of each debate and will follow with MacCallum breaking down the news from each debate during abbreviated versions of “The Story.”