RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Train travelers in North Carolina will have a fourth option to reach Raleigh or Charlotte.
The N.C. Department of Transportation says beginning Monday, Piedmont Train 77 leaves Raleigh at 3 p.m. and reaches Charlotte at 6:10 p.m. Piedmont 78 leaves Charlotte at 7 p.m. and arrives in Raleigh at 10:11 p.m.
In addition to the new trains, all schedules for the Piedmont and the Carolinian, which travels between Charlotte and New York, are changing as well.
The trains are sponsored by NCDOT and operated by Amtrak.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A hunt for clues in Hawaii after a tourist couple falls ill with coronavirus
- A small bookstore pondered its future after a day without a sale. After a tweet, it became overwhelmed with orders.
- Pizza sends record number of people to the ER
- Everyone loved George Washington — until he became president
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events