RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Train travelers in North Carolina will have a fourth option to reach Raleigh or Charlotte.
The N.C. Department of Transportation says beginning Monday, Piedmont Train 77 leaves Raleigh at 3 p.m. and reaches Charlotte at 6:10 p.m. Piedmont 78 leaves Charlotte at 7 p.m. and arrives in Raleigh at 10:11 p.m.
In addition to the new trains, all schedules for the Piedmont and the Carolinian, which travels between Charlotte and New York, are changing as well.
The trains are sponsored by NCDOT and operated by Amtrak.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I'm having a bad dream': Air Canada reviews how crew left passenger on parked plane
- Trump sanctions Iran's supreme leader in provocative move
- At Costco food-sample line, gunfire, death and unanswered questions
- 30 tents abandoned by climbers add to trash pile on Everest VIEW
- France put on hot weather alert as heatwave reaches Europe VIEW