SAN DIEGO (AP) — Residents near San Diego are warned to watch out for a four-legged fugitive: a 5 ½-foot monitor lizard that wriggled out of its cage.
Mike Estevez tells KGTV that a 35-pound reptile named Bubbles was last seen on Sunday at his store, Mike’s Pets in Spring Valley.
Estevez says the carnivorous critter probably managed to escape through a tiny crevice at the bottom of a cage.
Security camera footage shows Bubbles sauntering toward the rear of the store.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
Estevez says Bubbles is good around people and often roams the store while customers are around.
But he’s advising anyone who sees the reptile not to try grabbing him.
San Diego County’s Animal Services department is assisting in the search.