FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. (AP) — Fort Campbell’s 101st Combat Aviation Brigade is preparing for deployment to Afghanistan and will hold a color-casing ceremony at the Army post on the Kentucky-Tennessee state line.
The casing of the colors is an Army tradition that represents movement of the brigade to a new location.
The brigade will replace the 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade in a regular rotation of forces and will be the unit’s fifth deployment to Afghanistan. The 101st Airborne Division said in a news release that in previous deployments, the brigade flew thousands of hours transporting troops and providing close air support and aerial reconnaissance.
The ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Fort Campbell.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fake images of Trump arrest show 'giant step' for AI's disruptive power
- What to know about the eyedrops linked to deaths and vision loss
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- End of the rainbow? California bill would ban sales of Skittles, other 'toxic' snacks
- A tree fell, killing two children. Their parents are now warning others