NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump aide and “Apprentice” contestant Omarosa Manigault Newman has a memoir coming that her publisher calls “explosive” and “jaw-dropping.”
The book is called “Unhinged.” Gallery Books announced Thursday that it will be released on Aug. 14.
Manigault Newman was a Trump ally who joined his administration in January 2017 as a White House communications director.
She had vowed that political foes would “bow down” to Trump. But she left after a year and spoke harshly of her experience, while denying reports she was fired. She said she was worried about the country and would never vote for Trump again.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Coronavirus mutation has taken over the world. Scientists are trying to understand why.
- ‘Our luck may have run out’: California’s case count explodes
- Inside the body, the coronavirus is even more sinister than scientists had realized
- Swine flu infecting humans raises fears of pandemic potential
- Coronavirus' spread in GOP territory, explained in 6 charts VIEW
The rare black woman in Trump’s administration, she has likened her departure to being freed from a “plantation.”