NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump aide and “Apprentice” contestant Omarosa Manigault Newman has a memoir coming that her publisher calls “explosive” and “jaw-dropping.”
The book is called “Unhinged.” Gallery Books announced Thursday that it will be released on Aug. 14.
Manigault Newman was a Trump ally who joined his administration in January 2017 as a White House communications director.
She had vowed that political foes would “bow down” to Trump. But she left after a year and spoke harshly of her experience, while denying reports she was fired. She said she was worried about the country and would never vote for Trump again.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fact-checking the Las Vegas Democratic debate
- Trump ally Roger Stone sentenced to over 3 years in prison VIEW
- A small bookstore pondered its future after a day without a sale. After a tweet, it became overwhelmed with orders.
- The most expensive home in L.A. cost Jeff Bezos only 0.13% of his net worth
- Russia backs Trump’s reelection; he fears Democrats will exploit its support
The rare black woman in Trump’s administration, she has likened her departure to being freed from a “plantation.”