NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump aide and “Apprentice” contestant Omarosa Manigault Newman has a memoir coming that her publisher calls “explosive” and “jaw-dropping.”
The book is called “Unhinged.” Gallery Books announced Thursday that it will be released on Aug. 14.
Manigault Newman was a Trump ally who joined his administration in January 2017 as a White House communications director.
She had vowed that political foes would “bow down” to Trump. But she left after a year and spoke harshly of her experience, while denying reports she was fired. She said she was worried about the country and would never vote for Trump again.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Mount Vernon choir went ahead with rehearsal. Now dozens have coronavirus and 2 are dead.
- Coronavirus is mutating and now has 8 strains, doctors say
- Still have to drive? How to disinfect your car to cut coronavirus risk
- Coast Guard: Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard VIEW
- Trump just comes out and says it: The GOP is hurt when it's easier to vote
The rare black woman in Trump’s administration, she has likened her departure to being freed from a “plantation.”