NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump aide and “Apprentice” contestant Omarosa Manigault Newman has a memoir coming that her publisher calls “explosive” and “jaw-dropping.”
The book is called “Unhinged.” Gallery Books announced Thursday that it will be released on Aug. 14.
Manigault Newman was a Trump ally who joined his administration in January 2017 as a White House communications director.
She had vowed that political foes would “bow down” to Trump. But she left after a year and spoke harshly of her experience, while denying reports she was fired. She said she was worried about the country and would never vote for Trump again.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trapped at a waterfall, they sent an SOS message in a water bottle and were rescued
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- US couple accused of ditching adopted girl, moving to Canada
- New Zealand worker feared he might lose his job, so he brought an emotional-support clown to work
- President Trump blamed energy-saving bulbs for making him look orange. Experts say probably not.
The rare black woman in Trump’s administration, she has likened her departure to being freed from a “plantation.”