ST. LOUIS (AP) — A former St. Louis police officer has been charged with forcing a pregnant mother of four into a sex act while he was on duty two years ago.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 51-year-old John Stewart, of O’Fallon, has posted a $60,000 bail after being charged with sodomy.
Court documents says Officer John Stewart responded in uniform and a marked police car after the woman called on June 12, 2015, to report that her car had been stolen. The woman said she “did not consent” to Stewart’s sexual advances but complied because she was “in fear of serious physical injury” to herself and her children. A department spokeswoman said Stewart’s last day on the force was the next day.
His attorney, John Rogers, declined to comment to the Post-Dispatch.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Italian bridge collapse sends cars plunging, killing 26 WATCH
- How to find and delete Google’s tracking of your devices
- Primary night: Dems go for diversity, GOP for Trump choices VIEW
- Glacier latest US park to be scorched by Western wildfires VIEW
- Red tide algae's deadly trail of marine animals has triggered a state of emergency in Florida
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com