ST. LOUIS (AP) — A former St. Louis police officer has been charged with forcing a pregnant mother of four into a sex act while he was on duty two years ago.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 51-year-old John Stewart, of O’Fallon, has posted a $60,000 bail after being charged with sodomy.
Court documents says Officer John Stewart responded in uniform and a marked police car after the woman called on June 12, 2015, to report that her car had been stolen. The woman said she “did not consent” to Stewart’s sexual advances but complied because she was “in fear of serious physical injury” to herself and her children. A department spokeswoman said Stewart’s last day on the force was the next day.
His attorney, John Rogers, declined to comment to the Post-Dispatch.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The princes, the president and the fortune seekers
- What is lava haze? A look at Hawaii's latest volcanic hazard VIEW
- Judge orders Vancouver, Wash., teen to start paying off $37M for starting Columbia Gorge wildfire
- A Staten Island man found a safe with cash in his backyard — then things got weird
- MH370 experts think they've finally solved the mystery of the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com