COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — A former softball coach has been found guilty of sexually abusing a 14-year-old girl in Council Bluffs.
The Daily Nonpareil reports that John Osborn was convicted Friday of four counts of sexual abuse. Court records say his sentencing is scheduled for Feb. 1.
It was the 50-year-old Osborn’s second trial on the charges. He’d been convicted in spring 2015, but the judge ordered a new trial when new evidence surfaced before Osborn could be sentenced. The second trial was delayed by appeals.
Council Bluffs police say Osborn and the girl engaged in sex acts when the girl stayed at Osborn’s house for a sleepover with his daughter.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
Information from: The Daily Nonpareil, http://www.nonpareilonline.com