BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A former Bismarck securities and insurance agent accused of defrauding investors out of more than $3 million has pleaded guilty to federal charges of mail fraud and money laundering.
Kevin Wanner with Minneapolis-based Questar Capital Corp. was accused of bilking money from dozens of people over a period of about 15 years.
Wanner last year reached a plea deal with prosecutors. The Bismarck Tribune reports that he faces up to 30 years in prison, but the government will recommend a much lighter sentence.
Questar Capital agreed earlier to repay $2.4 million to investors.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Need a transplant? You’ll need to prove you can pay costs
- Drug firm can’t keep up with demand for shingles vaccine