BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A former Bismarck securities and insurance agent accused of defrauding investors out of more than $3 million has pleaded guilty to federal charges of mail fraud and money laundering.
Kevin Wanner with Minneapolis-based Questar Capital Corp. was accused of bilking money from dozens of people over a period of about 15 years.
Wanner last year reached a plea deal with prosecutors. The Bismarck Tribune reports that he faces up to 30 years in prison, but the government will recommend a much lighter sentence.
Questar Capital agreed earlier to repay $2.4 million to investors.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote