BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A former Bismarck securities and insurance agent accused of defrauding investors out of more than $3 million has pleaded guilty to federal charges of mail fraud and money laundering.
Kevin Wanner with Minneapolis-based Questar Capital Corp. was accused of bilking money from dozens of people over a period of about 15 years.
Wanner last year reached a plea deal with prosecutors. The Bismarck Tribune reports that he faces up to 30 years in prison, but the government will recommend a much lighter sentence.
Questar Capital agreed earlier to repay $2.4 million to investors.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target