BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A former Bismarck securities and insurance agent accused of defrauding investors out of more than $3 million has pleaded guilty to federal charges of mail fraud and money laundering.
Kevin Wanner with Minneapolis-based Questar Capital Corp. was accused of bilking money from dozens of people over a period of about 15 years.
Wanner last year reached a plea deal with prosecutors. The Bismarck Tribune reports that he faces up to 30 years in prison, but the government will recommend a much lighter sentence.
Questar Capital agreed earlier to repay $2.4 million to investors.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A North Carolina teen didn't come home. An iPhone app led her mother to a ravine.
- Massive blackout hits tens of millions in South America VIEW
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.