KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) — Former Seattle Seahawks quarterback Tarvaris Jackson was arrested in central Florida after authorities say he pulled a gun on his wife.
An Osceola County Sheriff’s Office arrest report says the 33-year-old Jackson had been visiting family in Kissimmee when the incident occurred early Friday morning. Jackson’s wife told the deputy that Jackson had returned to their rental home drunk and began yelling at her, eventually pulling the gun and threatening to kill her. Jackson said they had been arguing but denied pointing a gun at her.
Jackson was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and bonded out of jail later Friday. Jail records didn’t list an attorney.
Jackson first went to Seattle as the starting quarterback in 2011. He later spent three years there as a backup.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- His siblings were killed when the Hart family's van went off a cliff. He had been left in foster care.
- Ring camera installed in a children's room for 'peace of mind' is hacked, 8-year-old daughter harassed
- Supreme Court decision, possible today, may set up historic showdown on Trump's finances
- Trump Impeachment Advances as Historic Vote Sends Case to House WATCH
- House set for historic floor vote next week after panel passes two articles of impeachment against Trump
Jackson is currently a free agent.