KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) — Former Seattle Seahawks quarterback Tarvaris Jackson was arrested in central Florida after authorities say he pulled a gun on his wife.
An Osceola County Sheriff’s Office arrest report says the 33-year-old Jackson had been visiting family in Kissimmee when the incident occurred early Friday morning. Jackson’s wife told the deputy that Jackson had returned to their rental home drunk and began yelling at her, eventually pulling the gun and threatening to kill her. Jackson said they had been arguing but denied pointing a gun at her.
Jackson was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and bonded out of jail later Friday. Jail records didn’t list an attorney.
Jackson first went to Seattle as the starting quarterback in 2011. He later spent three years there as a backup.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump taunts Lesley Stahl of ‘60 Minutes’ after cutting off interview
- Can Trump win? Yes. But the path is narrow and difficult.
- Trump breaks agreement with CBS News by releasing his own video of ‘60 Minutes’ interview
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 on a Spirit Airlines flight from Las Vegas
- Opponents in Utah governor's race appear in ads together promoting civility
Jackson is currently a free agent.