FREEPORT, Maine (AP) — A former Jesuit priest and Maine high school teacher indicted on sex abuse charges has settled a lawsuit with a man who claimed he was assaulted when he was nine.
The name of the victim has not been released, but the criminal charges align with details revealed in the civil case settled in June. The Portland Press Herald reports the Freeport Police Department issued a statement Wednesday saying it sought the indictment after receiving a report about abuse and conducting an investigation.
Talbot has already spent six years in prison for a sexual abuse conviction in Massachusetts.
The Cumberland County District Attorney’s Office and Talbot’s attorney did not respond to requests for comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events