ATLANTA (AP) — The Atlanta Braves’ “Kiss Cam” entertainment at Turner Field featured a famous couple Thursday night: former President Jimmy Carter and wife Rosalynn.
The two were in their usual seats near the Braves dugout during a 5-0 loss to Toronto, and they received a loud cheer when shown on the video board. Carter kissed his wife and then gave a big smile as the cheers continued.
The Carters stayed around for all nine innings of the game.
Former President Carter, 90, announced last month he has cancer that spread to his brain.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wild horses adopted under a federal program are going to slaughter
- A famed folk singer won a presidential pardon after molesting a child. Did he prey on others?
- ‘So I raped you.’ Facebook message renews fight for justice
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center
- He was banned from having guns after his Capitol riot arrest. Then he shot a mountain lion, feds say.