PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The lawyer for a former mob boss says he wants a jury to visit the Rhode Island location where investigators say a Boston nightclub owner was buried after his 1993 slaying.
WPRI-TV reports that Francis “Cadillac Frank” Salemme’s (sah-LEHM’-eez) attorney filed a motion Friday that asks U.S. District Court in Boston to bring a jury to visit the Providence mill where the remains of 43-year-old Steven DiSarro were located.
DiSarro’s body was not found until March 2016.
Salemme is charged with murder of a witness. Prosecutors say DiSarro disappeared after his Boston nightclub became the focus of an FBI probe. Investigators say Salemme was present for DiSarro’s death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US
- Police now say no evidence of planned big Hollywood shooting
- Should you be worried about infection from eye drops?
- Can a trillion-dollar coin break the debt gridlock in Washington?
Salemme has pleaded not guilty. Jury selection is scheduled for April 23.