PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The lawyer for a former mob boss says he wants a jury to visit the Rhode Island location where investigators say a Boston nightclub owner was buried after his 1993 slaying.
WPRI-TV reports that Francis “Cadillac Frank” Salemme’s (sah-LEHM’-eez) attorney filed a motion Friday that asks U.S. District Court in Boston to bring a jury to visit the Providence mill where the remains of 43-year-old Steven DiSarro were located.
DiSarro’s body was not found until March 2016.
Salemme is charged with murder of a witness. Prosecutors say DiSarro disappeared after his Boston nightclub became the focus of an FBI probe. Investigators say Salemme was present for DiSarro’s death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Several powerful earthquakes strike off the shore of Canada
- Police say former boyfriend fatally shot Utah athlete from Pullman before killing himself
- Records: Suspect in Utah university killing was sex offender WATCH
- Leaked video shows Khashoggi 'body double' after killing VIEW
- The trade war’s latest casualties: China’s coddled cats and dogs
Salemme has pleaded not guilty. Jury selection is scheduled for April 23.