CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — A former suburban St. Louis youth pastor has been charged with child sex crimes.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 30-year-old Andrew Dickson, of University City, was charged last week in St. Louis County Circuit Court with one count of child molestation and two counts of statutory sodomy. Dickson has been released on bond. His attorney didn’t immediately return a phone message from The Associated Press.
Charging documents say that the crimes occurred earlier this year, and Dickson admitted to fondling and engaging in oral sex with a minor at his home.
Central Presbyterian Church executive administrator Tim Page said in a statement that the Clayton church went to authorities immediately upon learning of the “deeply disturbing situation” and proceeded to terminate the youth pastor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com