CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — A former suburban St. Louis youth pastor has been charged with child sex crimes.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 30-year-old Andrew Dickson, of University City, was charged last week in St. Louis County Circuit Court with one count of child molestation and two counts of statutory sodomy. Dickson has been released on bond. His attorney didn’t immediately return a phone message from The Associated Press.
Charging documents say that the crimes occurred earlier this year, and Dickson admitted to fondling and engaging in oral sex with a minor at his home.
Central Presbyterian Church executive administrator Tim Page said in a statement that the Clayton church went to authorities immediately upon learning of the “deeply disturbing situation” and proceeded to terminate the youth pastor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- ‘It was like a zoo:’ Death on an unruly, overcrowded Everest
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com