CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — A former suburban St. Louis youth pastor has been charged with child sex crimes.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 30-year-old Andrew Dickson, of University City, was charged last week in St. Louis County Circuit Court with one count of child molestation and two counts of statutory sodomy. Dickson has been released on bond. His attorney didn’t immediately return a phone message from The Associated Press.
Charging documents say that the crimes occurred earlier this year, and Dickson admitted to fondling and engaging in oral sex with a minor at his home.
Central Presbyterian Church executive administrator Tim Page said in a statement that the Clayton church went to authorities immediately upon learning of the “deeply disturbing situation” and proceeded to terminate the youth pastor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com