TROY, Mo. (AP) — A former eastern Missouri police officer has been sentenced to five years in prison for statutory rape.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 41-year-old Marc Dody was sentenced last week after pleading guilty to statutory rape in Lincoln and St. Louis counties.
Dody has a pending case in St. Charles County with a plea hearing set for Feb. 5. His lawyer, John Rogers, said Dody has “accepted responsibility for his conduct” and likely will plead guilty in that case as well.
Court records say Dody met the girl when she worked for a pizza shop in Troy. Dody was accused of having sex with a girl who was 15 and 16 at the time, in all three counties. Dody resigned from the Troy police department in July 2016.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com