LAS VEGAS (AP) — A former Las Vegas TV reporter has declared her candidacy for Nevada’s 3rd Congressional District, joining a crowded Republican field in the primary election.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that former KLAS Channel 8 reporter Michelle Mortensen announced on Wednesday she’s joining the congressional race.
Mortensen worked for the Las Vegas CBS affiliate for six years, where her “On Your Side” division featured segments such as product testing or tips for becoming financially stable. KLAS’ website claims “On Your Side” has saved or refunded Southern Nevadans more than $1.3 million.
Mortensen says she is tired of dysfunction in Washington and politicians’ lack of follow through.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Employee being fired fatally shoots 5 co-workers in Illinois WATCH
The packed Republican field for the seat includes state Sen. Scott Hammond, former Assemblywoman Victoria Seaman and former Clark County Republican Party Chairman David McKeon.
Information from: Las Vegas Review-Journal, http://www.lvrj.com