LAS VEGAS (AP) — A former Las Vegas TV reporter has declared her candidacy for Nevada’s 3rd Congressional District, joining a crowded Republican field in the primary election.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that former KLAS Channel 8 reporter Michelle Mortensen announced on Wednesday she’s joining the congressional race.
Mortensen worked for the Las Vegas CBS affiliate for six years, where her “On Your Side” division featured segments such as product testing or tips for becoming financially stable. KLAS’ website claims “On Your Side” has saved or refunded Southern Nevadans more than $1.3 million.
Mortensen says she is tired of dysfunction in Washington and politicians’ lack of follow through.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Snow blankets Puget Sound region, snarls morning commutes, delays schools VIEW
- Boomtown Seattle: Why we move here — and how we’re all in it together VIEW
- As debate heats up in Olympia over guns, a GOP state lawmaker invents a massacre
- Enemy World War II fighter pilots told a tale of peril and reconciliation. Then there was the truth. | PNW Magazine VIEW
The packed Republican field for the seat includes state Sen. Scott Hammond, former Assemblywoman Victoria Seaman and former Clark County Republican Party Chairman David McKeon.
Information from: Las Vegas Review-Journal, http://www.lvrj.com