LOS ANGELES (AP) — A former Los Angeles police officer has pleaded not guilty to having sex with a 15-year-old girl who was in the LAPD’s cadet program.
City News Service says Robert Cain entered pleas Tuesday to unlawful sexual intercourse, oral copulation involving a person under 16 and committing lewd acts on a child.
Prosecutors say Cain, a 10-year veteran, had a relationship with the girl last June.
Cain’s arrest resulted after police uncovered a scandal in which cadets were joyriding in police cars, using stun guns and other equipment and impersonating officers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Police think Alexa may have witnessed a double slaying — now they want Amazon to turn her over
If convicted, Cain could face up to seven years and eight months in state prison.
He’s already been sentenced to two years in county jail on weapons violations stemming from a search of his home.