LOS ANGELES (AP) — A former Los Angeles police officer has pleaded not guilty to having sex with a 15-year-old girl who was in the LAPD’s cadet program.
City News Service says Robert Cain entered pleas Tuesday to unlawful sexual intercourse, oral copulation involving a person under 16 and committing lewd acts on a child.
Prosecutors say Cain, a 10-year veteran, had a relationship with the girl last June.
Cain’s arrest resulted after police uncovered a scandal in which cadets were joyriding in police cars, using stun guns and other equipment and impersonating officers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
If convicted, Cain could face up to seven years and eight months in state prison.
He’s already been sentenced to two years in county jail on weapons violations stemming from a search of his home.