BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A former LaMoure police chief is awaiting sentencing on several child sex crimes in three southwestern North Dakota counties.
KXMB-TV reports 52-year-old James Watson entered an Alford plea Tuesday to multiple charges related to child sexual abuse in Hettinger and Stark counties. The plea is not an admission of guilt but acknowledges there is enough evidence for a conviction.
A jury in Golden Valley County last month convicted him of continuous sexual abuse of a child.
The charges date back to 2011.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Warming in Arctic raises fears of 'rapid unraveling’ of the region
- Amazon executives grilled, jeered at New York City Council hearing
Watson faces life in prison without parole. A sentencing date has not been set.
Information from: KXMB-TV, http://www.kxnet.com