INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Federal prosecutors say a registered sex offender who worked as an Indianapolis youth minister sexually abused a 14-year-old girl 15-20 times and exchanged sexually explicit photos with her.
An indictment Thursday charged 51-year-old Maurice Frazier with coercion and enticement, sexual exploitation of a child, six counts of receipt of child pornography, possession of child pornography and an offense by a registered sex offender.
The indictment says Frazier met the 14-year-old victim through his ministry and had sex with her at various locations around Indianapolis, including a church office, his home and his vehicle. Prosecutors didn’t disclose the church Frazier worked at.
Frazier is on the Indiana Sex Offender Registry for a 2012 conviction for sexual battery.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Five things to know about Morehouse donor Robert F. Smith
It wasn’t clear whether he has an attorney who might comment on his behalf.