COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — The former chairman of the South Carolina Republican Party is taking a leading role at a group that promotes solar energy.
The Palmetto Conservative Solar Coalition announced this week that Matt Moore would serve as the group’s new leader.
Moore led the state’s GOP for two terms before standing down last year to direct strategic initiatives for the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition. That group challenges the Trump administration’s push to boost military spending over the funding of diplomatic efforts.
As chairman of the solar group, Moore says he hopes to encourage conservatives across South Carolina to engage in discussions about energy. He’ll oversee promoting the removal of barriers to solar businesses and applying free market principles to help further energy independence with solar energy in South Carolina.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports