TAMARAC, Fla. (AP) — A South Florida patient says his penis was deformed by a former surgeon who did not have a license to operate.
Multiple media outlets report that 60-year-old Mark D. Schreiber of Tamarac was arrested Friday on a charge of unlicensed practice of health care, causing serious injury.
Hialeah police say the unidentified patient paid Schreiber in February to remove a material that had been injected into his organ to make it longer and thicker.
Authorities say the man who performed the initial procedures, 48-year-old Nery C. Gonzalez, is wanted on the same charge.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hacker known as Max is 55-year-old woman from Russia, U.S. says
- A humpback whale swallowed a lobster diver whole and spit him out alive: 'It tried to eat me'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- In California, the rapid creation of possibly the coolest new high school in America
- Va. couple first to plead guilty to misdemeanors only in Capitol riot, but will they get prison time?
The patient says his penis is now severely deformed and is unable to function sexually.
Schreiber was given a two-year sentence in 2008 on similar charges of unlicensed practicing. It’s unclear if he has an attorney.