DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A former employee has been charged with sexually abusing a teenage resident at the Youth Emergency Services & Shelter in Des Moines.
Court records say 20-year-old Zachary Campbell, of Urbandale, is charged with sexual abuse and sexual misconduct. The records don’t list the name of an attorney who could comment for Campbell. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 29.
Polk County Jail records say he remained in custody Friday, pending $22,000 bail.
Shelter officials say Campbell no longer works there.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Inside the extreme effort to punish women for abortion