BELOIT, Wis. (AP) — A former substitute teacher at Beloit Memorial High School is accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old student.
Authorities say 24-year-old Tyler Edge, of Chippewa Falls, is charged in Rock County Circuit Court with sex assault of student by school staff and repeated sexual assault of same child.
The incidents allegedly took place in spring 2017 at the high school and at Edge’s home when he lived in South Beloit.
Police say Edge is currently a teacher in the Chippewa Falls School District and has been placed on unpaid leave.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
A phone number for Edge could not be found.