MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — A man is accused of causing massive flooding at a South Carolina strip club through the destruction of a toilet.
News outlets report a Myrtle Beach incident report says police were called to the Treasure Club early Monday after 20-year-old Pedro Alberto Bernar-Santiago was seen “kicking down the top of the toilet that holds all the plumbing.”
The report says the assault on the porcelain throne destroyed the $1,000 toilet and $3,000 worth of carpeting, as the water seeped into the main lobby of the club.
Bernar-Santiago fled the scene, and was later arrested behind a storage facility. He’s charged with malicious injury and public intoxication. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
There’s no indication on the club’s website or social media accounts that the damage has shuttered service.