MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — A man is accused of causing massive flooding at a South Carolina strip club through the destruction of a toilet.
News outlets report a Myrtle Beach incident report says police were called to the Treasure Club early Monday after 20-year-old Pedro Alberto Bernar-Santiago was seen “kicking down the top of the toilet that holds all the plumbing.”
The report says the assault on the porcelain throne destroyed the $1,000 toilet and $3,000 worth of carpeting, as the water seeped into the main lobby of the club.
Bernar-Santiago fled the scene, and was later arrested behind a storage facility. He’s charged with malicious injury and public intoxication. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
There’s no indication on the club’s website or social media accounts that the damage has shuttered service.