GRANTS, N.M. (AP) — Cibola National Forest officials say residents of several subdivisions in the Zuni Mountains near Grants in northwestern New Mexico should remain poised to evacuate if necessary because of two wildfires.
However, forest officials said Thursday that containment lines were holding after the fires had little growth overnight. Each was estimated at 1,000 acres (405 hectares).
Subdivisions remaining under pre-evacuation notices include Bluewater, Bluewater Acres, Bluewater Village and La Jara.
Officials say a Type One management team was assembling to take over management of both fires.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Warming in Arctic raises fears of 'rapid unraveling’ of the region
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH
Causes of the fires remain under investigation.